Mirrors are an essential decorating accessory which creates a multitude of looks and images. Here are a few tips and tricks,
- For the best reflection, position a mirror opposite a light source.
- Hang a collection of small antique mirrors together to create an illusion of extra space.
- Install a mirror between a pair of windows to give the illusion of one large window.
- Select a space on the wall for a mirror that will provide an interesting reflection. For example, hang a mirror opposite a door or window.
- Create an art deco effect by arranging mirror squares diagonally on an otherwise bare wall. For added impact, paint the wall a dark color so the mirror will truly sparkle.
- Install a floor-length mirror in your foyer. Frame the mirror with decorative molding and add louvered doors on each side. The visual effect is a pleasing sense of spaciousness.